Friday, January 11, 2013

Taking Care of Bananas

Hello and welcome to The Yellow Teacup Bakery Blog, a place to share my home-base baking adventures! 

Today was a surprise day off! I love those little gifts of time where nothing has been scheduled and you can have an entire day to putter, and putter I did! After a run and a coffee I noticed a creepy dark banana in the fruit bowl. Every time I walked through the kitchen to fill up on coffee, there it was... staring me down. What to do? I only had one banana, not enough for a good banana bread. I looked around the pantry and found chocolate chips and some extra pecans in the freezer. Add a quick google search I found the recipe for oatmeal banana chocolate chip cookies on the Six Sisters Stuff  blog. I added some pecans to the recipe and I am so glad that I did!
Close up of the cooling cookies

Our Yellow Teacup makes an appearance





First bite and I know the banana was put to good use!
Total prep time was about 8min, baking time was 12min. When you're house smells this good, I would that means it was a day well spent.









No comments:

Post a Comment